Monday, October 15, 2012

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

A couple weeks ago I went to one of the best concerts I have ever attended. If you aren't a music junkie then concerts are just something that are fun. My best friend Rima is usually the one to pass on the great music and introduce me to new bands. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals was something that I discovered on my own. I fell in love with her style, her sound, and her strong independent attitude. 

I started listening to Grace Potter one night studying at the Phi Mu house. She was being promoted on Pandora so I just decided to add the station and take a listen. I immediately fell in love. Her raspy voice, real life lyrics, and stage presence instantly drew me in.

I started tell my friends to listen to her and spread the music love. I was so excited to hear that she was coming to the Charlotte area to perform. I screamed to my roommate "OMG! GRACE POTTER IS COMING TO CHARLOTTE. WE ARE GOING!" I was beyond excited. I posted it on my class facebook page hoping to find other Grace Potter fans. Turned out that one of the girls that I am quickly becoming great friends with (she is also a Phi Mu!) is a HUGE Grace Potter fan and jumped at the opportunity to see her live.

The concert couldn't have been better. It was a cool clear night under the stars with the skyline as our backdrop. We ended up scoring a fantastic spot on the lawn right up front. I was cheesing ear to ear. The best part of my night however was when I got to go up to the second row and snap some photos. I couldn't stop smiling. I got a few awesome shots and right when I was about to head back to my seat, she started to play one of my favorite songs "Stop the Bus". I was on cloud nine. I was so close and it was like she was singing to me.



As I explained before, I enjoy music but I have never really been passionate about a band. Besides Britney Spears of course. I finally understood what Rima was talking about when you see a band live that you religiously listen to on a daily basis. A band that speaks to you and that you support and love. This was my night and it couldn't have been more perfect. 

Here are some photos:

Corrine and I before the concert
Jilyan and I quating it out before the concert
Betsy's first tailgate 
Downtown Charlotte in the backgroun







No comments:

Post a Comment