Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remember 9/11

How I remember
{source}

It feels like just yesterday, I was sitting in my 6th grade portable in homeroom watching the burning twin towers on the television. The memory is beyond vivid for me. It was the first time in my life I realized that there was true hatred in the world. My teacher was crying on the phone checking on her family in New York. School was released early, when I got off the bus, I came home to find my parents huddled around the television. I don't think I realized the extent of what happened that day until I was older. I remember looking into my mother's eyes and seeing tears. She just hugged me tight and said "Everything will be alright. Something very bad has happened though, we need to be strong and brave for our country and the families that are being affected in this mess."

Never forget
{source}

These are words I often associate with September 11th:
Bravery - The brave men and women who risked their lives to save hundreds of people.
Strength - The strength of our country in sticking together in a time of chaos.
Support - Support of family, friends, and strangers who have lost loved ones on this tragic day.

"To keep forever sacred the memories of those we have loved and lost."

Today is a day to remember and honor all the Americans who lost their lives and  the families that were affected. Thank you to all the men and woman who have fought for our country.


september 13 2001 11:40AM
{source}

No comments:

Post a Comment