Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{recipe} Whole Wheat Banana Peach Muffins

Its peach season! Peaches are 99 cents a pound at the grocery store and something that I cannot pass up. I can't resist a juicy fresh peach on a sunny day. They are so refreshing right out of the fridge but somehow become even better baked in a crisp or muffins. When I saw this recipe on one of my favorite blogs I knew I had to make it. It would be the perfect quick breakfast on its own or even better crumbled into my greek yogurt. Needless to say after a week most of the muffins are already gone. Did I mention that the muffins are SUPER healthy. No sugar, eggs, or butter. These are truly nutrient dense and guilt free. What is not to love?

Whole Wheat Banana Peach Muffins
Recipe from Eat, Live, Run
Makes 14-16 Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup whole wheat old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup light maple syrup
1/2 vegetable oil
2 bananas, mashed
3 large peaches, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl whisk together maple syrup, oil, and mashed bananas.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and fold in peaches. Stir only until combined.
4. Fill a greased muffin tin with the batter and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment