Sunday, August 26, 2012

{greek life} they are half of my heart

Bid Day is one of the best times of the year. It's a time to welcome in a new pledge class and celebrate your sisterhood. Waking up on bid day morning is like christmas - you are so giddy and excited to bring home about 60 new members and give them the amazing experience of Phi Mu sisterhood.

It is crazy not to be there to celebrate this wonderful day in Tallahassee. Imagine 1300 woman running home to their houses from the top of campus. It's an amazing experience and I am so happy to have been a part of it for the past four years.

Recruitment is something that I am beyond passionate about. I believe that it is the most important part of your experience in a greek chapter because it is the way of continuing your legacy. Sharing your values, chapter, and experience with new members makes you realize how important the sisterhood is to you. I have served on the recruitment committee for two years and know how much hard work goes into a smooth recruitment. It is the most rewarding day to see happy new members in your house on bid day. It's a pat on the back from your founders, alumni, and sisters across the country saying job well done! 

Congratulations Alpha Epsilon! YOU DID IT! Welcome Home PC'12! I hope you have a wonderful experience! I can't wait to meet all of you soon! 

Here are some photos of Bid Day the past four years:
Bid Day 2008
My bid day buddy (and big sister!!) Beth
Amanda, Me, and Kaitlin in front of our bid day sign 
Our first quat as phis. New members in pink and sisters in green. 

Beth and I waiting to welcome my bid day buddy (and little sister!!) Lura home on Bid Day 2009

Lura's first Quat on Bid Day 2009
PC'08 on Bid Day 2009
PC'08 on Bid Day 2010
Amanda and I welcoming a new member, Krista, on Bid Day 2010
The entire Alpha Epsilon Chapter on Bid Day 2010. Sisters in lavender and new members in lime green!


The best day of my life. Bid Day 2011. Seniors (in green) at the Wescott Fountain welcoming the new members (in blue).
Welcome home PC'11! We are so excited to have you!!
PC'08 Seniors at the Westcott Fountain. 
Just writing this post makes me tear up. Phi Mu has been one of the best experiences of my life. I am so happy to have met such wonderful women and I cannot wait to meet all the new members this fall. Joining Phi Mu has made me into such a strong and independent woman. It has taught me so many important life skills and gave me the time of my life at Florida State. These women will be the bridesmaids in my wedding and godmothers to my children. They have influenced and shaped me into the person I am today. I love you all so much!

Phi Mu is forever. Love Honor Truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment