Wednesday, June 6, 2012

{Faith} #SheReadsTruth



SheReadsTruth


I have decided to join an online bible study called She Reads Truth. It is a bunch of people coming together, trying to find themselves through God.

I have been on this spiritual kick for a while lately. I grew up Catholic. I believe in God but I never had a real relationship with him or my faith before. My friend Keely was the one who really got me thinking about my relationship with God. She introduced me to the idea that every person has a different outlook and relationship with their faith and God.

Congregation or no congregation - God is there. I have been searching for relationship for a while now. Going to and from different churches, praying, and reading the bible. It never really clicked with me. This year has been one of the hardest years of my life. My family moved from our family home of 18 years in Florida to Texas, I broke up with my boyfriend of 2.5 years, I applied to Pharmacy school, I was graduating from Florida State, I was leaving my friends, and I was trying to plan my future while living in my present. I was leaving something that I felt like I created. I was leaving an identity that I created all on my own. I felt very scared to leave it all behind. I know people have had harder years than me but this year was all about transition and change. It is very hard to find yourself when you are going through so much change. I want to find the real Amanda. I want to discover what makes me unique. I want to find out what I believe, what I enjoy to do, and who I am as a person, sister, friend, and daughter.

I believe that this online bible study came to me on purpose. Like a sign from God telling me to take time from my day to try and discover myself through his words.

Now, I have never been someone who reads the bible. I didn't grow up reading the bible. My church didn't really focus on reading scripture every day. This is new for me. This is vulnerable territory. But, I am up for the task. This summer is all about working on myself inside and out. I feel like this is the perfect way for me to find myself spiritually and mentally.

If you would like to join, go to this link and download the app with the readings! Go at your own pace and have fun with it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sold. I totally want to do this now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacki, you will love it. I was always scared to read the bible or do a bible study. #SheReadsTruth is all about finding yourself and your personal journey with God and your faith. Keep me updated!

      Delete
  2. So happy you're reading with us, Amanda! Can't wait for the next study!!

    xoxo
    Kacia

    ReplyDelete