Thursday, June 7, 2012

{Faith} #SheReadsTruth: Day 2 - Cause of Toxic Thoughts




2 Corinthians 10:1-6

  • "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh"


Ephesians 6:10 -20
  • "Put on the whole armor of God."
  • "Take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day."
  • "Shield of Faith"
  • "Helmet of Salvation"
  • "Sword of the Spirit"

What causes your toxic thoughts?

What I took away from the readings today was all about inner war with your feelings, emotions, beliefs, ect. Ask any of my close friends and they will tell you - I act on my feelings. I am an open book. I may not know it at the time but I usually am acting a certain way because of inner conflict. I am the type of person who tries her hardest to hide what I am thinking - but it always usually comes out. 

My toxic thoughts come from a lot of different areas:
Fear
Jealousy
Low Self-Esteem 
Lack of Faith
Broken Heart
Nervousness
Perfectionist

The list can go on forever. I feel like it is very easy to put yourself down, make yourself not feel as good as you are, and just be negative. The readings are encouraging us to stop trying to fight the inner struggles alone. That God and his words are here to help guide us to the shining path. 

This summer I am trying to improve my inner strength. With Pharmacy school approaching, I think it is very important to be mentally stable. I believe that discovering my relationship with God will help me in the tough times when all I want to do is be negative. I have to remember that I am put on this path for a reason and that I will succeed with hard work, faith, and positivity. 

What causes some of your toxic thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment