Wednesday, June 6, 2012

{Faith} #SheReadsTruth: Day One - Toxic Thoughts





Proverbs 4: 1-27 

"Wisdom is the principle thing, Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." 

"When you walk, your steps will not be hindered. And when you run, you will not stumble."

"But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."

"Give attention to my words. Keep them in the midst of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh."

"Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and put perverse lips far from you." 

How have your thoughts negatively affected your life and your relationships?

I try and be positive as much as I can. Before exams I get myself all pumped up and make myself believe that I know the information and that I will pass.
But it is really easy to think negatively. I believe that is easier to be negative than positive.
Today's reading showed me that I need to have more faith in God's words. That when time gets tough, to focus on the positive and trust the path that you are on.

The weekly reading is something that I will keep in my mind forever.

"Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in you.
In God (I will praise His word)
In God I have put my trust
I will not fear." Psalm 56: 3-4

I have been thinking a lot about the next few years. I have a lot of self doubt, fear of failure, fear of growing up faster than I am ready, and just fear of starting over. This verse helps remind me that I am not alone. That I need to put my trust in God and try my hardest to be positive and succeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment