Thursday, February 24, 2011

Food Logging

So I decided that I was going to log everything I eat in a day for a week (starting yesterday). I have been having a problem where I have been noticing I am not getting a balanced diet. Tuesday we had a speaker from Thargard Health Center came and talked to my sorority about healthy eating habits. Healthy Lifestyles are so important to me, I read food blogs all day and my major is Exercise Science, so I knew that I needed to change how I was eating.

Wednesday 2/23:

Breakfast - Coffee (2 creamer and a sweeten low), Honey Nut Cheerio's with 2% milk
Lunch - small side salad, 1/2 grilled cheese, and 1/2 baked potato
Dinner - Chicken pot pie


When I wrote down what I ate on Wednesday I noticed I was missing greens and dairy from my diet. I really want to incorporate whole grains, fruits, veggies, and dairy into my diet but it is really difficult living in a sorority house. Meals are not necessarily the healthiest and usually are centered around carbs (not the healthy kind). So my mission is to sort through my meals and find a balanced diet.

I also am starting a workout plan...well walking plan that is. Baby steps. Baby steps. Today I am going to do stadium steps with my friend Rima at Doak Campbell Stadium after classes. Goal is to walk up and down 180 steps at least 10 times.

Well, just off work! I will keep you updated on today!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment