Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Beach Day Getaway leads to a blogging return!

I must apologize for being away for a long period of time. Living in my sorority house doesn't allow me to fully take advantage of my passion for cooking....which leaves my blog recipe-less and lonely.

I still haven't changed too much since summer though. I probably have over 1,000 recipes saved on my computer and that list keeps growing everyday. Tastespotting is my weakness at work because EVERYTHING looks amazing and I save every recipe that looks appealing to me! It makes me want to run to my "imaginary" kitchen and cook up a storm. I cannot wait until the summer, I will be living with my friend Jen and Rima! We all share a crazy obsession and passion for good food and wine. Can you say dinner parties galore? Yes.

So I have decided that I would alter the purpose of this blog until I can turn up the heat in the kitchen. Now don't get me wrong, this blog will still be FILLED with food, wine, and recipes but in a much different fashion than I originally intended. There will be personal posts, restaurant critiques, food pictures, and many more. Get excited :)

Well the reason for the return to blogging is probably from inspiration from a couple of blogs I follow and check at least 3 times a day: Eat, Live, Run , Kath Eats Real Food, and Healthy Tipping Point. These woman truly inspire me to express myself and follow my passion for food and health. Right now in particular I am going through a slump. This is my second year living in my sorority house and the "freshman fifteen" has now turned into the "junior twenty"... not fun. I have always been an active person but this year I can count on my hand how many times I've hit the gym. That is not a good sign. I am looking for motivation but I get discouraged when my sorority house feeds us preservative carbohydrate packed meals everyday. I know excuses will not make me healthier...and it didn't really hit me till today when I was at the beach with a couple of girlfriends that I needed to start getting healthy NOW. I need to do it for my health: mentally and physically. I can feel my stress level reaching its maximum with classes, work, sorority, family and the boyfriend. My plate is completely full and in order to be able to handle my load I need to be healthy.

My goal is not to lose weight as fast as I can or go on a strict diet. My goal is start a path of a healthy lifestyle. I need to find time to relieve stress while giving my body the much needed physical attention it needs and deserves. I really believe with this attitude I will be a much happier and healthier person.

I love blogging and can't wait to get back to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment