My mom decided to recreate Carrabba's Chicken Bryan. It is one of the most popular entrees in my family at this local Italian hub. So after my mom had a nice 90 minute walk we decided to take a spin at a recreation of Chicken Bryan. How could I resist butter, garlic, white wine, and roasted red peppers all in one sauce? Truth is - you can't. It's like when my grandma would take me into an all glass figurine store. She would tell me not to touch anything and to put my hands behind my back. Oh boy did that make you want to touch those little glass dolls more than ever. That is how I felt about this lemon butter sauce simmering away on the stove.
If you get a chance to make this for dinner this week do it! Its really easy and not THAT bad for you. Lets just say as the chicken grilled my mom and I played every Queen song recorded and posted on You Tube. Chicken, cheese, and sauce. YUM. I hope you enjoy :)
adapted from Food.com
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 6 sundried tomatoes chopped
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced onion
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
Directions:Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1. Brush chicken breast with olive oil to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Grill or broil chicken until done (about 10 minutes on each side) and prepare lemon butter sauce while chicken is cooking.
- 3. Sautee onion and garlic in 2 Tbps butter until soft and translucent.
- 4. Add white wine and lemon juice, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes to reduce.
- 5. Add remaining 6 Tbsp butter, little by little, until it melts and mixture is emulsified.
- 6. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil, heat until hot (but do not overheat or sauce may break).
- 7. Top chicken breasts with 2 oz each of the goat cheese. You can leave in medallions or spread on chicken breast.
- 8. To serve, spoon lemon butter sauce over chicken breasts.
- 9. Enjoy!